The nine domains that each State is ranked against form the foundation of PHCUOR. Therefore, the nine domains will form the basis of the Agenda for the Summit and are as follows:The nine domains that each State is ranked against form the foundation of PHCUOR. Therefore, the nine domains will form the basis of the Agenda for the Summit and are as follows:
1. Governance and Ownership | 2. Legislation | 3. Minimum Service Package | 4. Repositioning | 5. Systems Development | 6. Operational Guidelines | 7. Human Resources | 8. Funding Sources and Structure | 9. Office Setup
In discussing the nine domains, with input from each State, the goal is to develop an understanding as to how to effectively and efficiently achieve PHCUOR.
To reposition PHC Boards and Agencies and build a strong PHC system that works in Nigeria, the following will form key panel discussions and breakout sessions during the summit;
• Minimum Service Package and One PHC per Ward: A catalyst for decentralization and equity in providing integrated PHC services for the benefit of women and children
• Universal Health Coverage and the State Health Insurance Scheme: What is the role of the SPHCDA/MB and every PHC center in implementing a successful health insurance scheme?
• Saving One Million Lives P4R Initiative: This elaborate Program for Results (PforR) is geared towards improving measurable health indices in Nigeria.
What is the health sector performance in Nigeria so far, what is the involvement of SPHCDA/MB? The initiative comprises of several components, which will contribute to saving one million lives. What is the role of PHC in achievement of goals in this initiative?
• System Strengthening and Development Partner’s Collaboration: How can we ensure reduced partner overlap and more effective coordination and collaborations?
• Use of technology to make PHC more effective- the Nigeria perspective